Friday, July 30, 2010

ATC Exit Interview with Andrea Curto-Randazzo

Resident Podcast Queen Laura K is out of town, so this week All Top Chef has an e-mail interview with eliminated cheftestant Andrea Curto-Randazzo of Talula and The Water Club Restaurants in Miami Beach.

ATC: What was your favorite challenge of the season and why? 
AC-R: The School Lunch Challenge. Typically challenges were so stressful and harried. Those kids really lightened up that day! They were all so well behaved, polite, intelligent with tons of personality – and they really appreciated us being there. Even though our team didn’t win that day – I know among the kids – we were the fan favorite!

ATC: Who were your best friends among the cheftestants?
AC-R: Kelly, Tamesha, Tracey, Kenny, Kevin, Lynn & Arnold. Ed & Tiff were great too!

ATC: In hindsight, would you have done anything differently and why?
AC-R: I probably would have controlled the mental aspect a little better.

ATC:  Out of all of the dishes you created this season, which was your favorite and why?
AC-R: I was very proud of the Short Ribs Kelly and I made as well as the Gnocchi on the first challenge.

ATC:  Will you be putting any of the dishes you made on your restaurant menu?
AC-R: Variations perhaps.

ATC:  Did you learn any new techniques from the other chefs?
AC-R: Still have to practice cleaning those crabs. Tim was awesome at that.

ATC:  So what really happened to Ed's pea purée?
AC-R: Again?! Ed lost pea puree – pea puree was on Alex’s “winning” dish – You do the math.

ATC: Now that she has judged you, what is your relationship with Michelle Bernstein like these days?
AC-R: Haven’t spoken to her!

ATC: What do you think was the biggest benefit you got out of being on Top Chef?
AC-R: Some amazing friendships that will last me a lifetime.

ATC: We're so sorry to see you go - do you have anything you'd like to say to your fans?
AC-R: My “fans” were awesome! They gave me so much love and support and embraced my genuine personality. They all keep asking about “I’m just sayin’!” All I can say is -next season! Thank you to everyone! I will be around! Keep it real!

No comments: