Friday, December 3, 2010

Who Got Cast for All-Stars - and Who Didn't

I love it when the producers speak. Here's what Jane Lipsitz and Dan Cutforth of the Magical Elves told TV Guide about who got cast, and why - click through the slideshow to see their accompanying comments.

According to this item, Season 7's Angelo Sosa, winner of the first All-Star Elimination Challenge, had only 4 days after the S7 finale before the producers called him about TCAS, and a week and a half before he started filming All-Stars.

We already knew Bryan Voltaggio and Kevin Gillespie turned down opportunities to return for All-Stars. But according to her facebook page, Ashley Merriman from Season 6 was also invited but declined: "Watched Top Chef All Stars last night - and am thrilled I said no to doing the show. But I'm cheering on my girls Jennifer Carroll and Tiffani Faison and my boy from Jersey Mike Isabella."

The ever-gracious Kevin Gillespie posted this: "I want to wish everyone on Top Chef All Stars good luck. As everyone knows, I chose not to participate in order to spend more time at Woodfire Grill and on my many new projects. I can only hope that another TV show is in my future, as I would love to be able to share my love of food with all of you again soon."

Say tuned for more, kids. The mailbox is bulging, and methinks pretty much everyone is ready to capitalize on whatever additional 15 minutes of fame they can garner.

No comments: