Thursday, August 16, 2012

All Top Chef Interview with Clark Frasier


Top Chef Masters contestant, Clark Frasier, talks about his experience on the show.

A highlight:

ATC: If you could go back, is there anything that you would do differently? 

 CF: Well of course, I mean, if I did everything the same, then I would be eliminated again. So I would change a few things. This one didn't work, so I would like to go back with plan B. 

Two things: First, I tend to prep too much. At the restaurant, we can never prep too much. I mean if someone says prep for twenty I will prep for fifty. That was something I didn't have to do. 

 The second thing is that although I believe that Kerry is a great guy and a great chef, it was obvious that we weren't clicking.

 Actually originally, we were supposed to have salmon, but we discovered that the Hualapai do not eat fish, so we got tenderloin which I think is every chef's least favorite protein. 

 So, we had to punt which is what a Top Chef should be able to do. If I could go back, I would have done something like a crisp corn cake to offset the softness of the tenderloin. 

 On Top Chef Masters, as you know, you only get one chance. At our restaurant, if guests say, "You know, this seems mushy..." you can switch the recipe the next day. You always have more than one chance.

Click here for the full interview.

Thank you Chef Frasier!

Posted on AllTopChef.com

No comments: