Saturday, June 25, 2011

All Top Chef Interview with "Rocco's Dinner Party" Week 2 Winner, Joel Gargano


Chef Joel Gargano talks about his experience on the Bravo Show.

Here is a highlight:

ATC: Did you tell your students that you would be on the show?

JG: I didn’t really tell them until the last couple of days of school. They were pretty excited about it.

ATC: Have you heard from them this morning?

JG: Yes, I must have answered about 50 or 60 e-mails this morning.

ATC: Where did you learn to cook?

JG: I grew up in the industry. My parents own a bakery in Connecticut. When I turned 18 I decided to go to Johnson and Wales University in Providence.

 I’ve been cooking professionally for about 9 years. In addition to working at the high school I also cook full time. I am working about 80 hours a week during the school year. I like to do both.

ATC: Do you work at a restaurant?

JG: I work at Bar Bouchee in Madison. It’s a French Bistro.


Click here to continue.

Click here for Joel's blog.

Posted on AllTopChef.com

No comments: