Friday, June 10, 2011

All Top Chef Interview with Naomi Pomeroy


ATC: Did you watch the episode last night?

NP: Yes. I waited until about 12:30 am my time, so I could watch it with my staff and a small group of friends at my house.

ATC: If you could go back, is there anything that you would do differently?

NP: No. I am really happy with everything...well, I guess if I could go back, I maybe wouldn't have yelled so much at my dad ;) .... But then again...Our dishes DID end up identical. !

ATC: Tell us about your charity

NP: Seed Savers Exchange.. Genetic diversity in food. It's really important. It's dying at an alarming rate. I really wanted to choose a charity where the mention of it might cause people to think about something they don't spend a lot of time thinking about... or had maybe even never heard of.. People are realizing of course, that tomatoes sometimes taste like tomatoes (and sometimes like cardboard) .. and everyone prefers the former.. Seed Savers is an organization that is working to protect those heritage foods- It's what makes me want to keep cooking- when things taste as amazing as they can.. and that is in the product itself... Not all carrots are created equal. If that dies, so does my love of cooking...and a HUGE part of our cultural heritage.

Click here to continue.

Thank you Chef Naomi!

Posted on AllTopChef.com

No comments: