Thursday, September 20, 2012

All Top Chef Interview with Lorena Garcia



Top Chef Masters contestant, Lorena Garcia, talks about her experience on the show.

A highlight:

ATC: I do not recall hearing anything in the instructions about creating a "restaurant" dish. I only heard "elevate the dish to a master level." Were you told to create a restaurant dish?

 LG: No, really, to my recollection, we were told to "elevate the dish" to something that could be taught to the kids - something that they could learn and reproduce. It was lasagna, there was only so much we could do. It had to be something accessible and doable for them.

 ATC: If you could go back, is there anything that you would do differently?

 LG: In the process of making the dish, I learned things about the sudents, like Jojo had type 2 diabetes, and maybe if I had known that, I might have modified things a little, but honestly, I still would have presented the dish family-style and I am imagining that the kids will prepare this again for their families.

Click here for the full interview.

Click here to learn more about Lorena Garcia Cucina.

Click here to learn more about The Alliance for a Healthier Generation.

Thank you Chef Lorena!

Posted on AllTopChef.com

No comments: