Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Reactions to Top Chef Masters Episode Eight


What did you think of this challenge? I liked seeing Zooey Deschanel and her mom. They were cute together.

At first when I heard the challenge, I thought we would get some really strange dishes, but these are the "Masters" after all.

The best thing about this show is the spirit of camaraderie and cooperation among the Masters. Note to future cheftestants: This is how a true "Top Chef" behaves.

Chef Lo's food looked kind of horrible on the plate and as the critics described her eggplant as "oily" I assumed for sure that she was done.

When Chef Smith's "ice cream" dish was determined to be out I assumed that it must have been awful, but it LOOKED pretty good. That's one of the issues with any food show. It's hard for the viewer to grasp exactly how something tastes. Fortunately the critics are very good at describing the flavors and articulating the sensations that the dishes produce.

Of course, I have never tried "Rice Cream." Give me Ben & Jerry's please.

No comments: