Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A New Interview with Kevin Gillespie from DavidAtlanta.com

Top Chef Season 6 finalist, Kevin Gillespie talks about Woodfire Grill, TWO new cookbooks and his passion for cooking.

A highlight:

You have a book coming out this fall, "Fire In My Belly."

Yes. It’s my very first cookbook. It’s part cookbook, part memoir. There’s a lot of writing in it. I wanted to make sure that we had a book that appealed to a lot of different people. If you’re the kind of person who likes to look at cookbooks for the pictures and stuff, it’s loaded with really beautiful photography. Or if you’re a person who really likes food writing, then it has a ton of that, and if you really want to cook from this book, we have gone a really long distance to make sure that this book is useable. We cooked every day, myself along with a professional recipe tester. She worked with me, documented what I did, replicated my recipes on her own, and then, if they worked, then she gave them to two home cooks to replicate, and only if all four of us produced the same end result did it make the final cut. So I feel confident that these recipes are really going to work for people in their homes.

Click here for the full interview.

Posted on AllTopChef.com

No comments: